Department of Internal Medicine and Hematooncology has focused on the widespread implementation of ”evidence-based medicine”. We have elaborated, for important and financially demanding methods, working protocols and guidelines, which are regularly upgraded.
If you wish to obtain a diagnostic or therapeutic protocol from our department, please contact our deputy chairman for medicine, Jiří Mayer, M.D, Ph.D., phone: +420-5-47193642-3, or e-mail: .
We present below several of our methods and processes with protocols in active use:
- Acute myeloblastic leukemia in adults
- Acute lymphoblastic leukemia in adults
- Therapy of thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura
- Aplastic anemia
- Indications, contraindications, and techniques of bronchoalveolar lavage
- Prevention of overwhelming postsplenectomy infection
- Reimmunisation after blood stem cell transplantation
- Summary of protocols on harvesting and conservation of blood stem cell transplants, high-dose chemotherapy and prophylaxis of complications after transplantations
- Treatment of multiple myeloma with protocol ”4W”
- Fever of unknown origin- guidelines and patient examination algorithms
- Protocols for treatment of Hodgkin’s disease and non-Hodgkin’s lymphomas
- Protocols for treatment of patients with chronic myeloid leukemias
We have several other standard protocols and nursing guidelines in use.